Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Day 25 - Casa de Luna

Sunday, May 10

Cowboy camping was so much better than sleeping at the KOA campground. I slept well.

There was a heavy dew last night, so my sleeping bag was wet on top. I was going to recharge my phone one last time, but my charger was out of power! This has never happened before so I was worried that perhaps it had gotten wet with dew.

I left camp at 5:45 and headed towards the San Francisquito Valley Road, about 10 miles away. If my battery backup has died, then I would have to figure out how to replace it. I knew that Casa de Luna was a short way down the road, so I decided to go there to try to recharge it.

When I got to the road, Terry Anderson, the owner of Casa de Luna, was waiting! There were three other hikers who also got a ride.

Casa de Luna is very unique. Hikers camp behind the house in a manzanita forest. This was my campsite.


There were little signs along the path. I took the high road.


I liked this sign on the gate.


And there was this sign too.


I plugged in my battery backup and let it charge all afternoon. I guess I had just used all the power!

More hikers arrived during the day and there was quite a crowd.

I helped out by washing dishes from the previous day.

There was plenty of beer so everyone was having a good time. For dinner they served a large taco salad. Yummy!

I am camped at Casa de Luna at PCT mile 478,6.

3 comments:

  1. Sorry for the wait. Google finally let me into blogger to edit. Dunno about gmail yet. NYC was great, if exhausting, so today is a restful day close to home. We may take a picnic dinner out to the beach if the weather stays good. And then home tomorrow! It sounds like you are really settling into trail life. I love you. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a cool spot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are manzanitas trees?
    Sleep well. Can hardly believe you are nearing 500 miles in four small weeks! Truly, Dad, you are amazing!

    Love you!
    a

    PS- The Mariners hit 6 home runs and had 15 hits tonight in a 11-4 win over the San Diego Padres! The Mariners are now 4 game winning streak!! 15-17 on the season :)

    ReplyDelete