Monday, August 3, 2015

Day 109 - Camp Creek Campground

Sunday August 2

I liked staying at Timberline Lodge. It is an amazing building. The room was adequate, and the bed was comfortable. However, there is no air conditioning. Last night it was really warm, so I opened the windows and turned on a fan. The unfortunate side effect was that now I could hear all of the noise from the parking lot. There was a wedding at the lodge, and I could hear a lot of commotion all night. The room finally cooled down by 4 AM. 

I went down for the "all you can eat" breakfast buffet. As it turned out, several other hikers were also there and we all sat together.



The food was terrific and we all left very satisfied. Tinker, my roommate, left for the trail at nine and I checked out. 

Bob and Deb called me at 11:30 and we went to the Camp Creek campground. The campground is a USFS pay site and there is a resident "camp host". They already had their tent set up at a site right next to Clear creek. There was a nice flat spot where I set up my tent. 

Deb had brought my resupply box. I got new shoes and put together my food for the hike from Timberline Lodge to Cascade Locks. It is about 45 miles and should take two days.



I am excited to be able to hike with Deb. It should be a fun hike!

My wife arrives back home tonight from Spain. I am hoping she will come down to see me before I get back on the trail the day after tomorrow. 

I am camped tonight at the Camp  Creek campground. The elevation here is 2,263 feet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment