Saturday, April 5, 2014

Why am I in such a hurry?

I need to learn patience. I need to learn to listen to my body. I need to hear it. I need to respond. So often I am hiking along and I won't stop. Won't stop to unzip my coat. Won't stop to take a picture. Won't stop.
Heading upstream on Patti's favorite trail.
Why am I in such a hurry? We always take almost exactly two hours to take our morning walk, regardless whether I stop to take pictures. I need to slow down. I need to listen.

Debbie hid Easter eggs on her walk on Monday. Today, Patti and I tried to find them. I didn't want to stop. I didn't want to search. But I did. I did find two eggs!


Patti found the first Easter egg





But, Patti found the first one.




Candy and Money!











Cute little mushrooms. Looked like umbrellas.
I'm surprised I stopped long enough to admire the cute little mushrooms growing from a log!










I found an egg hidden in the moss


I seemed to be happy to find the egg hidden in the moss.










Debbie adds a rock to the monument.



We did stop long enough to add our rock to the rock monument.












The woods waited for me. So much moss. So much expectation.






Headed along the main trail - the old railroad line.








Everything is starting to burst forth in life. I need to listen. Need to hear. Need to respond.










No comments:

Post a Comment